A beautiful smile adds confidence to your personality and enhances your self-esteem.
There are many treatment available which can insure your oral health.
Dental cosmetic treatments involve dental procedures with the aim of improving the overall aesthetics of your smile. This is the reason, sometimes it is also called “smile makeover”. Let us learn about some of these treatments.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures:
· Teeth Whitening: Whitening can be performed to reduce discoloration and staining or simply to provide whiter teeth. Zoom whitening, laser whitening are some of the popular methods of treatment of stained teeth.
· Porcelain veneers: These are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are bonded onto the front side of teeth so as to create a cosmetic improvement for a tooth. Porcelain veneers are used by dentists to make cosmetic changes for teeth that are discolored, worn, nonaligned or chipped.
· Dental implants: Dental implants are basically artificial tooth implants to compensate tooth loss. It is the best treatment option used for missing teeth.A tooth should be replaced as soon as it is lost to retain oral health. Dental implants prevent bone loss, reduce movement of surrounding teeth and avoid excess decay.
· Dental bonding: Dental bonding helps in case of chipped, stained or cracked teeth. This procedure utilizes a composite resin and is used for a variety of structural as well as cosmetic purposes.
· Dental bridges: This procedure is also used to replace missing teeth.Various types of fixed dental bridges are conventional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges and resin-bonded bridges. A dental bridge is a false tooth known as a pontic, which is fused between two porcelain crowns to fill in the area left by a missing tooth.
· Tooth contouring and reshaping: Your dentist eliminates shallow pits or grooves in tooth enamel, worn edges or small chips in your front teeth by tooth contouring and reshaping. Categorized as a dental cosmetic treatment, tooth contouring and reshaping actually means changing the length, shape, or position of the teeth.
· Dentures: Dentures are actually custom-made in a laboratory to fit the patient’s mouth. These are used when one or more teeth are missing.
· Dental fillings: It is the procedure of filling the holes created by cavity.
· Dental crowns: Dental crowns or dental caps are used to restore broken, cracked or worn-out teeth.
· Root canals: Badly decayed or infected teeth undergo root canal procedure to protect surrounding tissues from infection and to repair those teeth as well.
· Accelerated orthodontics: It is about wearing braces just for few months rather than a few years.
· Cosmetic gum surgery: In this procedure, a “Gummy Smile” or a “Long Tooth Smile” are corrected through gum surgery.
So,these are the various procedures involved in cosmetic dentistry. It will be a good idea to know about various dental treatment procedures before going through these treatments.Cosmetic treatments give better results and last longer in people who have healthy teeth and gums. So before going for cosmetic dentistry, any tooth decay or gum disease should be treated first.